Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Thursday 31 January 2013

Upcycled Christmas cards part three

Hullo there everyone.
Well here is yet another up-cycled Christmas card.
 For other ones see posts here and here!!
This one I think it might be my favourite so far .. but hard to say. 
Why I like this one so very much is that it made me to use colours I normally don't use for Christmas cards and yet I really love them!

Here on the right I am working out which Spellbinder dies fit the areas I want to use best. Funny how often you stick to favourite ones. i am sure these are the two I use nearly all the time! a must buy, I think!

Here is the finished card.
Recipe:
I used the Spellbinder Labels 4 and Large (but are not that large - confusing that!) labels dies and added fine gold edge around it.
656585
The corners are Cuttlebug vintage corners, partly left in, the embossed edge is s new new one from Sizzix a lovely set of three borders and A2 folder as well, called Sizzix Textured Impressions - 656585 Christmas Set #6
I saw it first on my friend Jobear's blog {here on this card}, she sent me the purple one for Christmas.:D
 As so often happens with me I found myself looking for it on eBay!! more stash.. but it is lovely isn't it ?? :D Just as well US items are very cheap for us here - not so good the UK items. Our $ is worth more that US one which is amazing really.
All gold card are snippets, as the original shop bought card for Christmas from friend is also snippet will enter it into Dis Snippets Challenge!
And might just scrap in by the skin of my teeth into Sarns' Christmas Challenge...phew!! was going to try for more of them this year!
 Over at Hazelnut's Christmas challenge she is looking for Nativity scenes this week, so adding it there as well!!

Well, must fly as heaps of other things to do and should not be on here... thanks  SO much if you do take time to chat, and will try and repay your kindness!
May God bless your day wherever you may be,
Shaz in Oz.x

15 comments:

Margaret said...

That is a really lovely regal looking card Shaz and I do like that embossed border have made a note of it just in case the housekeeping will stretch.
Hugs
Margaret M

scrappymo! said...

Oh Sha...This is just lovely and the verse is great... The corner detail is gorgeous...I love the love of them!
Hope you are keeping well and are healed now! Thinking of you!

Sarah C. said...

I love this card, Shaz! It's so classic and beautiful. I understand why you'd pick this one as one of your favourites :)

Many blessings :)
Sarah

Hazel said...

This is beautiful, Shaz - love the addition of the embossing at the bottom - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 109 - you could also enter this into my new CHNC challenge extra for January - I'd love to see it there too. X

Di said...

Coo, this really is fabulous Shaz - you do have a flair for upcycling Christmas cards, it looks even better than the original!

Hugs, Di xx

Carol Willis said...

Beautiful card Shaz. Really love the recycled image and text.
Hugs
Caz x

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Fantastic project,
hugs Tamara

Sarn said...

This is a lovely traditional card and another great piece of upcycling!

Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day xxx

Sonia said...

Fantastic card my dear friend^_^
What a gorgeous image^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

MaryH said...

Sharon, So very lovely. I particularly like the way you embossed those edges...looks like triple embossing rather than just what the die will do. Nice touch. What kind of gold did you use for the edging on the nativity? The way you combined the dies & embossing, line scoring, so artistic. This was truly a lovely card that you were able to recycle for another enjoyment. It's difficult these days to find Christmas cards with pretty nativity scenes...which are always my favorite of cards. Thanks for sharing this awesome card. Hope you are feeling all better now. Hugs

Elizabeth said...

An absolutely beautiful makeover for that card, Shaz. The nativity scene is lovely - as are the corners. I like the embossed edging, and the shade of blue is very pretty too. Elizabeth xx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I had not thought of using my only set of dies to reshape those recycled cards. You have done a wonderful job motorcycling and improving your cards. Clever girl. xx Maggie

Mrs A. said...

What a difference a little snip and a tuck make! Love the end result. Hugs Mrs A.

Cathy said...

Beautiful card, the embossing details are lovely.

stampingbowd said...

Hi! Thanks for your comment on my blog! Love your Upcycled Christmas card! VERY pretty! I love how you used the label die to cut out the picture. That is a gorgeous nativity picture! It's so fun to meet another paper crafting believer!!! :) I was 5 when I began my journey of trusting in the Lord and I will be 50 next Dec. Yikes!!! 50!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...