Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Saturday 19 January 2013

Upcycled Christmas Cards

Hullo there everyone!
Just sharing some more upcycling with you!!! First of all want to say sorry to all have not returned their comments too. Am very bad blogger. this going to be short post as wanted to share it but must not be on here too long.
Here is the card I am going to reuse from my Christmas stash of saved one of shop bought cards but could see a use for!

Here I am enlarging the length of my die which was not long enough for this card. Years ago I saw this on Ikki's Cuttlebug cupboard blog and have used it on dies and embossing folders.. 
Click here is her wonderful post. I have one with embossing folders.
 Recipe for card is the Hollies and Ribbons embossing folder some the new ribbon from Ribbon Girl on last weeks desk, and the Square spellbinders shown.

I have made two more since this one, I will photo and blog!
I am really enjoying it as it makes you think outside the square! {Oops sorry for bad pun}! plus not throwing things which are so lovely!

Well, must fly as heaps of other things to do and should not be on here... thanks  SO much if you do take time to chat and will try and replay your kindness may God bless your day wherever you may.
Shaz in oz.x
Linking up with Di's snippets challenge (except for the ribbon everything is snippets), also want to share with CraftyHazel Christmas Challenge.

16 comments:

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

That is such an improvement on the original card and looks very expensive. A very worthy snippets card. See you in the playground but watch out for that slide - it is brilliant. Have a good week, Shaz. xx Maggie

Kirsty.A said...

NIce work. I love reusing cards

Betsy said...

Beautiful card! It makes me wish I hadn't thrown the cards we received into the trash last week. I usually keep them thinking I'll find a use for them and end up throwing them away in the summer. This year I was determined not to add to the clutter. Now I wish I had kept them. :-)

Blessings,
Betsy

Di said...

Fabulous remake Shaz - and an improvement on an already nice card - I love the new result even more!

Bring your snowboots if you want to stay and play here!!

Hugs, Di xx

Hazel said...

This is super, Shaz - thanks for entering it into my CHNC challenge extra for January - hope to see you again soon (new challenge this morning on my CHNC blog here would be just right for this, so please enter it there too x

Irene said...

A beautiful snippet card Shaz.
luv
irene
xxxx

Sarn said...

Brilliant upcycling Shaz.

Thanks for the links, I'm gonna check them out after I've finished typing this comment!

I have snow now, but heard on the tellybox that you have had your HOTTEST day!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

MaryH said...

Love this technique, and I"m going to re-view this on the link. You turned a pretty card into a super beautiful one with your treatment of it. Have a great day, stay cool if it is terribly hot where you are. And hope you are still healing very well. Hugs

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card! Thank you for link to extend the die, will give it a go. Take care xx

Anne said...

Great card Shaz and sooooo professional! Thanks for the tutorial links as well! I will have a rummage and see what I can do with some shop-bought cards now! Is there really such a word as uocycle or is it an Oz special? Stay cool....we are wrapped up warm!!!!!!

Hazel said...

Just right for my CHNC challenge 108 - thanks for linking x

Ginny Maxam said...

What Great Cards Shaz! They look so nice and I like the idea of upcycling!! Taking a few miniutes to ready your blog before I got to bed. I have your time on my world clock on my phone so I know it is 5:28 pm your time and 2:28am my time!! Loved reading throught on your blog!! HAve a great night!
Love, Ginny

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

Great stuff! I love doing this too! I popped some ideas for reuse on my blog too if you want a peep! http://scrappyjens.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/new-year-crafting-inspiration-leftover.html jenx

sharon said...

Hi Shaz,
What a wonderful idea, I am going to have a go at going the extension.
Isn't is amazing what we are able to learn from one another through the internet.
Enjoy your week
hugs
sharon

Mrs A. said...

Just tried this idea out using my bigshot and a sizzix frame. Works a treat. My frame instead of just 2 scallops now has 3. Brilliant. I will be using this idea a lot. Thanks so much for the tip. Hugs Mrs A.

scrappymo! said...

What a great idea...I am going to try this out as I am oftem stymied by the lack of a matching sentiment frame etc.
This opens a whole new world of possibilities!

Your card looks great and so fun to upcycle and not waste!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...