Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Saturday 9 February 2013

Friday Smiles + Cards, Wrapping Paper ~ Too Good to Waste!

Well, this month is very busy one for birthdays - too many to enumerate (and one missed, oops - I thought, and thought, then I forgot, always the one first in the month!).
I was wrapping a friend's present, and as did so thought how much I loved the paper - then mind started wandering on how I could make some quick and easy cards with it!!


 And so I did!! this is just the start as thought would do three or four of them, used Spellbinder Circles, and some SU punch outs bought pre-cut on eBay not right colour the base so used textas again. The Scalloped oval colour was better second time around.
 The Kimmy Luvs Cuttlebug folder worked so well with the "heartfelt wishes" stamping on the greeting ~ gotta love that. Some pearls and ribbon binding to adorn - the red is actually softer not quite so bright as it looks on my screen.
{Ha ha! I just noticed have used the folders two different ways - one is debossed and other is embossed!}

As it is Friday thought would link over with Annie and her Friday Smile Post!
 Two pickies - the first from my blog on WOYWW Wednesday in case you missed it HERE. {Take a peek at baby pineapple growing in my backyard too on WOYWW post link, above too} :
Here 4 weeks old are two HUGE little fluffy baby Peewee's pushing at each other almost to fit in the nest. They are according to reports a laugh a minute as they try to learn to fly and wibble-wobble on branches around the nest. One is slightly more advanced than the other - didn't my sister take a good photo?!
Isn't God's creation simply amazing?
Such tiny little birds - and He cares about them all and us and our burdens, see Matthew 6:27 
"Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" 

Second Smile is from an old comic and I love Garfield, very appropriate with so many birthdays this month!
 

Well, thanks so much everyone for popping over for peek and chat.. and may God bless your day wherever you may be.. 
Shaz in Oz.x
I would like to link the card with ribbon binding red bow, over to these challenges:
Papertake Weekly:  Anything Goes.(Tues.12th) 
LEJ Designs: Anything  Goes.        ( 12/2 )
Ladybug Crafts: Girly/Female.        ( 12/2)
Simon Says Challenge Blog: Have a heart. (Wed. 13th)
Moving Along With The Times: Only Girls allowed (Thursday 14th)

Challenges 4 Everybody: Anything goes.(Fri 15th)
Pixie's Crafty Workshop: Use your snippets up.
PS will not make WOYWW this coming week, and commenting maybe sporadic, sorry. Commitment overload, but in a nice way, at our house. 

38 comments:

Gill Edwards said...

great cards and all the better for having made them from wrapping paper. Love those birds, fantastic photo

Gill x

Gill Edwards said...

great cards and all the better for having made them from wrapping paper. Love those birds, fantastic photo

Gill x

Sarn said...

Aww sooooo cute! Great idea to use your wrapping paper to make the cards with!

Thanks for the Friday smile too

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Tamika said...

Brilliant use of that wrapping paper and I love the embossing!

Di said...

Super idea for the cards Shaz, and those birdies are just soooo cute :)

Hugs, Di xx

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous cards, love the embossing-the photo is stunning,
hugs Tamara

Susan said...

What lovely cards - but must admit absolute love the baby peewees !!!
– thank you for joining us at LCI this fortnight xx

Betsy said...

What a wonderful imagination you have, to see that paper and realize you can make a card with it! I wasn't blessed with that talent, but I can surely appreciate it in others. Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Betsy

Caro said...

Fantastic cards! I loved that photo the first time I saw it...they really are too big for that nest now! Garfield is always good for a smile. Thanks for the smile, love Caro x

Annie said...

Gorgeous cards and I'm a Garfield lover too so thanks for the smile and for joining in the fun.
Hugs,
A c

Irene said...

Brilliant cards, I love the embossing folder and images.
luv
irene
xxxx

Angie said...

Oh that Garfield cartoon made me giggle ...why do birthdays march faster as the years increase????xx

scrappymo! said...

Fabulous cards and what a great way to UPcycle the wrapping paper... best of all, your card will match the gift...what a pretty presentation that will be!

Myrna said...

Shaz
How lovely to make such great cards from wrapping paper.
I love the fact that you recycle on your cards too.
Those little birds are adorable.
My hubby and I have a saying, "God don't make no junk". So true.
Myrna

JoZart Designs said...

I'm smiling on all counts! I love Garfield but I love those chicks more!
love Jo x

BumbleVee said...

I know the feeling...had another burst through my door a few weeks back.....sigh.......

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I didn't get round to the Smile post today. I was too busy smiling as I looked at all my lovely Clarity stamps. I am about 3/4 of the way through cataloguing those, then I need to start on all the others I have. Somewhere in the middle of all that, I have cards to do fo r the Craft A Scene DT ready for next months, not to mention a few cards for family this month. I love those cards you have shown us today, so bright and fresh. xx Maggie

Andrea said...

fab cards great use of cute wrapping paper love the embossing
Andrea

Angela Toucan said...

those are really pretty cards, I love the texture on the base.
cute baby birdies, hope you get the chance to watch them learn to fly.

Ginny Maxam said...

Lovely cards Shaz!! Great Idea! I haven't seen that embossing pattern before I really like it!!
hugs,
Ginny

Mrs A. said...

Wrapping paper cards. Great idea and don't they look smashing . What a difference reversing the embossed sheet makes too. Hugs Mrs A.

Eliza said...

Beautiful cards, it's amazing what wrapping paper can do in the card department.

Love the babies they are getting so big

Eliza

Anne said...

Too cute! Clever you! xxx

:)) ...Вика said...

Открыточки прекрасны. И такие милые птички :)
Благословений тебе, моя дорогая.

Kerry said...

Many a time I've looked at wrapping paper and wished they were stamps..you've done a great job with these Shaz and all the better they were quick! Thanks so much for joining in our Girly challenge at LCI this fortnight xxx

Sheree said...

Those cards are just adorable Shaz!! LOVE that embossing folder and those bunnies are sooo sweet!
Hope you are doing well down in Oz.. Every time I hear about the weather conditions down under I think of you and pray you are alright.
Have a good weekend!
Hugz,
Sheree

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Vika from the Ukraine wrote in Russian above:

Postcard perfect. And such lovely birds :) Blessings to you, my dear

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, the cards are super - like you say, the embossing folder is a great match for the heartfelt greeting. The baby peewees are cute - do you think the parents deliberately make the nest small to encourage their teenagers to leave home :) Elizabeth xx

Craftychris said...

Your cards are gorgeous and those images are so sweet, what a fabulous idea to use the wrapping paper images. The embossing folder is really cool. Love the photo and the cartoon really made me smile! xx

Laurel Beard said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!

Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

Hettie said...

Gorgeous cards there and love the Garfield!
Hugs
xx

MaryH said...

Another super great idea to upcycle and make some gorgeously lovely cards. Thanks for sharing. Loved all these cards

Diane's Card Designs said...

Gorgeous card....love the embossing. Thanks for joining us at LCI Challenge this fortnight.
Diane xx

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Beautiful cards Shaz. Love how the red pops against the white.

Thanks for the tips re yr comment on my blog re selling stamps - fantastic help and really appreciate it :-)

{{hugs}} and blessings
Jocelyn

sharon said...

Lovely cards Shaz and what a wonderful idea using wrapping paper:)
Love the little Peewee's, it is such a lovely photo that your sister has captured.
Enjoy your week.
hugs
sharon

Joyce across the Pond said...

Great cards Sharon....what would we do without wrapping paper...you will see me carrying rolls of it everywhere I go...have paid £2.40 for a sheet which when sorted would give me eons of images for cards! Frugal me.
Love the birdies....thought I'd lost my 'pet' female blackbird - never appeared all Sunday...must have been at a visiting church for morning and evening service LOL! Thankfully she was back on Monday alongside a male keeping her company, now what can they be up to!!
As for birthdays...hmmmmm.....watch your mail but promise me no opening until the 19th. P R O M I S E ???

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous heart cards.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards Shaz, love the idea of re cycling am all for it. I know we don't visit each other often but I do think of you. Just to let you know I have another candy...luv annie

http://annieforeva.blogspot.com.au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...