Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Upcycled Christmas Cards again!

Hullo there everyone - here is yet another of the up-cycled Christmas cards - made from shop bought cards received. Again you end up using colours and designs which you normally would not use! love it!
Not a before and after shot with this one (forgot). 
 Had nice side border but did not look right with this trimmed top edge. I did not like the greeting on this card so have not used it, this greeting already stamped in stash; wanted to use these brads for ages, nothing suitable up to now!! 
The ribbon was also a snippet, reject off another card. Embossed card is Cuttlebug 5x7 Holly and ribbons, also rejected when doing another card. 
If had decent gold bling would have added it to poinsettia but dont have it. 
Isn't funny how gold bling is always yellow really?  and fussy me, would rather go without than add it, on this card anyway. So many Snippets - so off to the play at Di's Snippet challenge for me!!
This card is made in the same format as the ones HERE on this post - where I used a card received for Christmas ( hand made from fibres in Rwanda) and used the image as a digi image. I really like it with this Cuttlebug Gracie's Frame folder - had to extend it (to see how to do this LOOK on this post HERE) to get it to work the way I wanted. 
(And over at Hazelnut's, Christmas Challenge she is looking for Christmas cards that have "P" in them. Mine is "P" is for Peel-offs ~  in the greeting!! :D
 PLUS  Hazel's EXTRA Challenge for February!) and Pretty little Ribbon Shop blog - Anything goes. 
Sometimes I wish I could design embossing folders .. they just dont make them the right size in my books.
I am not sure what is standard in US but it is not standard here .. guess we dont win that one!!
Thanks so much everyone for popping over for a peek and chat - and my our dear LORD bless your day wherever you may be.
Shaz in Oz.x
PS Big welcome to the very new Encourager on my blog - Andrea of "I would rather be Stamping", and how I agree!! 
and also my Black + Yellow card for OSA won top three over at Stamping Sensations - woo hoo!  I am not good at entering challenges, and then when I do, I mostly forget to check! really dont know how others do it!

15 comments:

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Stunning, love the relief on firt one, on the second I love holly family,
hugs Tamara

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful embossing folder and those fussy cut flowers look fabulous on this card.
The second is clean and simple and stays true to the real meaning of Christmas.

Cathy said...

Beautiful embossing on both cards, It'd be nice to have a made to order embossing folder service!!

Mrs A. said...

You really are the Queen of transforming/reusing old Christmas cards. Like both of these and doesn't that die shape extend perfectly!! Hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

Wow, these are lovely Shaz. I love the way you upcycle Christmas cards, it's made me think more carefully about how I tackle mine - note, no mention of the brayer by lil ole me for a while, Am plucking up courage to have another play :))

Hugs, Di xx

Sonia said...

Two gorgeous cards ^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

Myrna said...

Shaz
Great cards.
I have been using some of my old received cards as well to make new Christmas cards.
They make for some interesting cards.
Myrna

Hazel said...

I love these - you're doing well with the upcycling, Shaz - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. X

MaryH said...

Awesome effect. Really do like the EF on the poinsettia one...both cards are so very pretty. TFS & inspiring us to re-use the purchased cards to make something lovely. Hugs & have a great day.

Anne said...

Beautiful cards!I love what you have done with these! I must consider recycling some of our cards that we received! Thanks fr the inspiration!

CARLA PREDIGER said...

Both are beautiful, but the first ones looks gorgeous for my taste. Thanks for joining at Craftyhazelnut's Extra Christmas challenge this month.

Craftychris said...

Both these are gorgeous! I love the embossing - I too would like custom made folders! We can dream! xx

Unknown said...

How fun and challenging! Great job on both of them.

brenda said...

Now this really is making me feel very guilty Shaz - Christmas cards in February, I thought you were meant to make them in November ?

They are both lovely though, thanks to sharing more of your lovely work with us at Pretty Little Ribbons challenge.

And yes, I work backwards.

B x

Sarn said...

Perfect upcycling!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...