Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Thursday 28 February 2013

In Everything Give THANKS!

Hullo there everyone - this very beautiful post over at Little Birdee Blessings {HERE Is Link} has just come into my inbox and just wanted to share part of it and link you over to the wonderful post.
 When the paths of life run smoothly ahead with sunshine to light the way - it is so very easy to be thankful, isn't it?
 then... *WHOOSH* ..!
In come the storms of ill health, bills not expected, or great sorrow or calamity which touches and almost breaks our heart. We lose our joy and thankfulness.

What does God say in His word?
In every thing give thanks:
for this is the will of God
in Christ Jesus concerning you.

1 Thessalonians 5:18
 I remember once saying this verse out aloud to someone as we drove along. She had never heard it before and struggled to grasp it.
 I think we need:
  •  firstly to know the LORD as our own Saviour  - otherwise how can we thank Him, 
  • secondly then walk with Him..moment by moment, day by day
  • but most of all to remember HE LOVES US - yes, in spite of what we think or SEE, things are for our GOOD!
If God seems far away  - He has not moved, I have - He stays the same, yesterday, today and forever.
I pray for your in your burdens and pray you will seek the One who can help you in and through them, HE is there, where the rubber meets the road of life.
love in Christ,
Sharon.x

7 comments:

Craftychris said...

A very thoughtful post - I do count my blessings often! xx

Irene said...

A beautiful card Shaz, with a very thoughtful message.
luv
irene
xxxx

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Hi Shaz, so glad my post today was an encouragement to you. Thanks for letting me know you linked over. The scripture graphic looks great here. Blessings to you dear one. ~ Abby

Betsy said...

Beautiful post today. We are, indeed to give thanks in everything, although sometimes that seems hard. Thank you for the reminder.
Blessings,
Betsy

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card and a wonderful reminder!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

It is all too easy to dwell on our problems without looking at all our blessings, so it is good to be reminded often. I was at the weekend when we had all our four grandchildren together in one place - great fun. Thank you for your lovely comments on my Scene card. it was fun to do, mixing and matching the various media to get what I wanted. It is so good to get comments like yours. xx Maggie

Ginny Maxam said...

Hello! I am new to your blog, I discovered it through Shaz's blog's link andI just love it!! Beautiful art and Word! what a happy marriage! Thank you for sharing!!
Ginny at maxammade.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...