Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Friday 26 September 2014

Friday Smiles at Annie's

Hullo there everyone ..well it's Friday again :D but it is picture heavy ..




YOU CAN DO THIS DAD!!!!
A friend posts a reminder every Friday on card group to which I belong, so am reminding myself here.. I have been better at it, since she has been doing it :D
Now wanted to share my garden today as Spring is well and truly here - and love it .. so very fragrant, and all! And I love my roses, so sharing them with you..

"Fiona's Wish", named after the lass who is youngest heart recipient at 14 years, and raises money for heart foundation. A very spicy sweet fragrance, one of the three new roses planted in late July... other two are in bud also. :D
"My Choice",  very fragrant sweet rose, I struck this bush from original plant which was brought from our old home town in early 1970's.
" Pink Queen Elizabeth" planted in early 1970's, and "Yoki San" is the fragrant white rose.
Very fragrant Sweetpeas, this is half of bunch I picked, my sister had the other half. A new bunch every three days, aren't they grand?
Bunch picked from garden yesterday .. too many varieties to name. if you wanted a strong yellow rose with fragrance in Australia the one here is great it is called, Dr Verhage.
 What better way to see the handiwork of our God than in flowers .. look at the beautiful robes they wear before us? as Jesus said in the gospels they are a reminder how God will care for us if we but ask Him. (see Matt 6:25->)
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Thanks so much every one for popping over for a peek as chat, may God bless your day wherever you may be!  Shaz in Oz.x

11 comments:

Betsy said...

Amen Shaz! Your roses are just beginning to bloom and mine are fading in the fall coolness. The cycle of life begins and ends. I love the beauty of your garden.
Blessings,
Betsy

Annie said...

Thanks for the chuckle Shaz. Spring is my favoutire season so as we are now seeing Autumn arriving here it's so lovely to share your Spring. The roses are gorgeous but I have to say I adore the sweet peas and can almost smell them from here. :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Irene said...

Hello Shaz

Amazing and beautiful flowers.
Spring is an wonderful and exicting season when all things begin to grow and new life starts.

thank you for sharing.

luv
irene
xxxx

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Great Shaz
have a lovely weekend
hugs Tamara

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Shaz, happy Friday Smiles and a hug. Your garden is lovely, gorgeous roses and smelly ones too, love them and the sweet peas remind me of my mother-in-law she had them growing at their old home for all the years I remember sadly they are with their daughter now and not much into gardening...they are so easy to grow too. Love the hug coupon and reminder to back up...must do that myself. Cheers and enjoy your weekend Robyn

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, I so enjoyed the funnies, especially the baby's instruction to dad :) It's strange to think that just as we are waving goodbye to our summer here you are welcoming in spring. Your roses are gorgeous and I love the arrangement of the Queen Elizabeth and Yoki San roses and thw sweet peas are beautiful - ours are going over so only a few to pick now. Thanks for sharing. Elizabeth xx

tilly said...

I love roses and you have some beautiful ones there
Tilly

Brenda in IN said...

The funnies are great. I love the Man Flu for sure! Your garden is so beautiful. Your roses are gorgeous.

Marilyn Mathis said...

Love, love the roses and the other flowers. The Man Flu is so pertinent since my husband just had it and it is the perfect explanation. Hugs.

fairyrocks said...

Fun stuff, and WOW look at those flowers. I never had much luck with the roses. I think its just too cold where we live. Thanks for sharing the smiles.

Ginny Maxam said...

great pictures!! I love the baby onesie for dad!
you flowers are beautiful, I have to get cracking with my new camera, the leaves are starting to turn here!! First week of fall, and you can feel the cold soon to come!
Hugs,
Ginny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...