Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 24 September 2014

WOYWW + Spellbinders Tool in One - does it work?

Hullo there everyone, well another quick post to link over to WOYWW for those not in the know it is What is On Your workdesk Wednesday.. pop over to our Julia's desk at the Stamping Ground!
Now to my desk: 
Okay few things going on here .. and yes has been tidied, since then putting tools away in my wee drawers is big start. Most of this was left over as card making, but cant share it until after 26th of this month. Also finished last week's"Emily sleeps here" which can post after that as well.. on left middle are three digis of a lady golfer, which am going to make into a 80th card for my aunty, found the digi cartoon image on web. The dog with "Be Still and know that I am God" digi inserted in on Word doc. then printed is Nicecrane dog digi is a freebie (here) from Nicecrane over on Brenda's of "Floral Fantasies". 
Centre: LOTV images I have dug out from my Christmas bag. Cut one on die and coloured it some more to highlight. It is penguin image and saw Squirrel had a Penguin Challenge, plus it is Sarn's Rudolph day tomorrow so need to get into gear for that. The Memory Box dies were used on Emily's card and about to put them away. Had an idea of multiplying the Piestra tile border die and so cut out three in row (was very easy to line up) and going to try making it into oval like saw on Magpies blog last week, with different die admittedly.. see here. So watch this space.. :D
 Also on my desk is the Spellbinder's Tool in One.. now must say it works on non Spellbinder dies best so far.. 
For example that Memory Box Piestra Tile die next to it.. worked a real treat, just do into my little bin as did not buy pad that goes with it.
However the Fleur de Lis Labels 8 Spellbinder it was mostly just using pricking end and already had pricking tool. At least it is was not too expensive, otherwise it would still be not chez moi... still holding out on recommending it completely though - interested if anyone else has tried it yet?
This is a matchstick bromeliad, Aechmea gamosepala, I took this for the photo from Oz today because it shows the two stages of the flower.. when it first comes out which is the centre flower shoot, the ones on either side are it after it has been flowering for few months. "Its blooms are thick bristles of purplish-pink bracts tipped with iridescent blue bead-like flowers."The flower shoots last about four months or so.
Thanks so much every one for popping over for a peek as chat, may God bless your day wherever you may be!  Shaz in Oz.x 

33 comments:

Bridget Larsen said...

I am yet to find a die that it will unpick nicely hahahah
Bridget #1

Neet said...

Have you got the pad that goes with the brushy tool? It does make a difference. I love my tool and sometimes I just wheel over the die holding it over the waste bing and it works great.
Lots of lovely things on your desk, have fun using them up making your beautiful cards.
Thanks for the flower.
Hugs, Neet 16 xx

glitterandglue said...

A busy desk as usual, Shaz. Lovely images there ready to use. No idea about the tool, as I haven't invested in one - but some dies really don't like to let go of the paper and card, do they?!
That flower is amazing - it last FOUR months?! Goodness - what a treat.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #18

Robyn Oliver said...

hi Shaz and happy WOYWW. lots going on there today - ooo I'm liking the dies and a great idea to cut three in a row, is it difficult to line up. BUT I must say the brom caught my eye the most...I love them and have one like that (somewhere). Cheers and enjoy your week RobynO#29

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

What a gloriously messy desk! Thank you for your visit to my blog! Zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle

Annie said...

Sounds like you're making good use of your tools :-)
What a stunning bloom on that plant today.
Hugs,
Annie x #12

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, glorious flower! How beautiful is that? Lots to see on your desk too- you have been busy. Not tried the tool yet, will wait and see what everyone thinks about it. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #25 xxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, you look like you've been having a LOT of crafty fun!! Glad the tool is useful :-) That flower is beautiful, so exotic...
Hugs, LLJ 34 xx

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Your desk looks like mine today
someone was working
beautiful flowers
hugs Tamara

RosA said...

Hi Shaz, I'm not familiar with your new tool. I just poke at the leftover bits in the dies with a pergamano tool.
Your bromeliad is gorgeous! I've got some pink/purple bromeliads too, but they are not the same as yours.

Karen said...

Lovely messy desk! Persevere with spellbinders tool, my friend has one and loves it. Karen x #48

Unknown said...

So many wonderful crafting goodies on your desk. Loving all the dies. #3

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Love your little golfing digi's ! My close friends has a golf course and these would be adorable for using in little notes to her ! I also have been curious about that tool. I have a few uncooperative dies. Your plant is so unusual..so very pretty. Our flower season is coming to an end quite early this year. #59 Have a fun week

Monica said...

It is morning here and I sit after coffee reading WOYWW , a dumb idea as the smaller screen can be hard to see detail and now Google keeps asking for passwords. The world of computers is ruining my fun looking at blogs! Nice to see your mess and such creativity springs from it. How the "tidies" do it I will never know!
Monica #58

Unknown said...

I love my Spellbinder Tool in One! Though it doesn't get 100% of those little pieces of paper stuck in a die it sure helps! Your flowers are just gorgeous!!! Your desk is wonderfully busy! Happy WOYWW!
Carol N #61

Di said...

Hi Shaz! I adore my Spellbinders tool - it does work even better with the pad although I find it fine just holding the die over the waste bin and runing the tool to and fro. The other end 'spade thingy' is also great for running around dies to release them.

Gosh that flower is just stunning!!

Hugs, Di xx

Lisca said...

Thanks for sharing your desk.
I saw that tool and I wondered if it was useful. I already have a pokey tool and a pricking tool and I think I'll continue to use these.
Those dog cards are so cute! Thanks for the link to the freebie.
And also thanks for the photo of that glorious bromeliad! What a beauty!
Thank you for letting me peep over your shoulder.
Lisca#45

Betsy said...

Since I don't make cards I always find your posts interesting. All the tools I've never seen before that make such pretty cards. Some of the mystery removed! Knitting needles seem so mundane in comparison. :-). Your flowers are beautiful. I don't think we have those here in the Pacific Northwest.
Blessings,
Betsy

Chrysalis said...

Lots of lovely crafty work going on there, Shaz. And that plant is beautiful. Have a great week, Chris # 14

Helen said...

I have problems with several of my dies, but don't use them often to be honest....! The phone man was done in super quick time (10minutes ish) and all is now back where it came from, dusted!! having to sit down to recover from the shock of that! Helen 4

sandysewin said...

Wow, that plant is amazing, it doesn't look real.

I don't think I've seen anything like that tool, but it seems like a great idea for dies with lots of itty bitty spaces.

Happy Creating and Happy Woyww,

Sandy #7

Hazel said...

Lots of interest there today, Shaz. I've never seen that Spellbinder tool before .. interesting. Thanks for sharing. Hope you are having a great day and have a lovely crafting week to come. Hazel, WOYWW #69 x

Craftychris said...

Wow that is one busy desk today! Lots of cool makes! I haven't got the tool yet but seems like a fab idea. Your flowers look lovely! xxx

Unknown said...

Lovely things on your desk Shaz. That flower is amazing too. How lovely to be able to enjoy it for four months!
Hugs
Lynda B 24

Anonymous said...

A nice busy desk! A lot of interestings things on there! That flower is awesome!
Cheers
Gabriele 8

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, I have one of the multi tools and quite like it. I'm like Neet, I tend to hold the die over the bin and roll the brush over it though I have been known to drop everything in the bin Lol!
Hope you have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 36

Cathy said...

Hi Shaz, lots of wonderful projects on your desk! I don't have that tool, although it might make life easier as I have a lot of intricate dies. I use a metal sheet in my cuttlebug and find that it helps cut better and a lot of the pieces just fall out.
Beautiful brom, have a great week, Cathy x

Shoshi said...

Not having any dies, I haven't a clue what that tool does, but I hope it is successful for you, Shaz! Your desk is even more untidy than mine this week lol!! I have got such a fabulous space to work in, that it seems all wrong to restrict myself to a postage stamp to work in because the rest is covered in chaos lol! I really need to have a blitz because it's driving me nuts.

Great fun at the felt class tonight and I am well satisfied with the piece I made! Blog post will follow soon, I promise.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #35

VonnyK said...

Lovin all the goodies on your desk. I have no idea what that tool does but it sure looks like it means business. Hope you get it to do what you want it to. Love those broms.
Have a great week,
Von #23

Anonymous said...

Interesting - it looks a bit like a hairbrush :) I wonder if that would work in a pinch? Funny too that it works less well on Spellbinders than other dies... DOH!

Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (2)

Marilyn Mathis said...

Enjoy you desk top. Looks like you have been busy. I have wondered if the Spellbinder's Tool in One is as good as advertised. I am putting off buying one until I am convinced. Hugs

Debs Willis said...

Lovely messy desk! And I love all the pics of your garden in this post & Friday's following post. Your penguin cards are adorable!

Hugs Debs

Ginny Maxam said...

Lovely cards Shaz! I haven't tried the tool but I'm not big into using dies. I am trying to push myself to use my cricut more with the frame cartridge! I love the Bromeliad! Stunning photo!
Hugs,
Ginny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...