Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 10 September 2014

WOYWW + Alcohol ink on Mirri Card + QuatreFoil Die

Hullo there everyone.. well, another "desky" share as it is Wednesday again!! and that means the great worldwide Blog-hop around desks of the world for WOYWW or What is On Your workdesk Wednesday.. pop over to our chief's desk for the link up, at Julia's Stamping Ground!
So here is my desk.. okay messy as usual, it has been tidied a tad since then. I seem sometimes to work with items all around me as like things to be handy.. or that is my excuse! and yes, monkeys always live there. At the back right just near monkeys is a lovely butterfly brass stencil - a prize won over at Mrs A's butterfly challenge. So I am chosen again this week to be Guest Designer over at the butterfly challenge which starts at 8am GMT today .. so will be posted very soon (see here). The two cards I did for it are at the very back with butterflies on them, but mostly hidden from view. To the right is the quatrefoil die which I show below too. At front is card working on last night, some alcohol re-inkers to colour some mirri card -> see larger blue sheet behind (used a a scrunched up piece of cling wrap which had been slightly moistened to spread the ink under the plastic and blended the colours). See complete card below. Glue stick is to attach unmounted stamp on ink block.
My latest crafty purchase was quatrefoil die from Papertrey in USA.. first time buying with them. I found they have their own dies at more reasonable prices. I have been wanting the Our Daily Bread Quatrefoil die for ages now .. but it's $US29.95 plus $12.00 post to Oz, so that is about $46 Aussie. Now this one though not as fancy is $US16.95 and $9.95 post cost.. so less $30 Aussie - much more reasonable than ODB by long shot. If you look on this Pinterest page of mine you will see plans for future cards and also see the difference between Papertrey and more detailed ODB die. Here on my desk last night I am making some Christmas card bases... with different papers.
This is card for OSA(Oriental Stamp Art) covering two in one. It's for a Tic Tac Toe Oriental mingle and also the OSA layout challenge. This week is this design, so did them together! The diamonds at top were to be done with 3/4" punch, as dont have one cut them by hand. It is mirri iridescent card inked with alcohol inks and when dry, embossed with Oriental cuttlebug folder. Distressed card to bring out silver shell pattern. Stamps are from Artneko, Woodcut Panda walking and kanji, the bamboo,a bought die cut. The three elements of Tic Tac Toe were Panda, Kanji, and Dragonfly... absentmindedly last night thought it was bamboo for last element, but thankfully this Hero Arts small dragonfly stamp came to the rescue.
As you know from last weeks post it is now spring in Oz... and this the front garden. This  Leptospermum Cardwell is magnificent...similar to NZ teatree bush. Next to it is Superb Grevillea. If you want to see (and hear) some more Aussie birds have two magnificent kingfishers or laughing kookaburras on Annie's Smiles post below. Gods creation is so wonderful!
I want to just quickly welcome a new Wonderful Encourager of this blog.. please pop over to Coleen in Ukraine ... and pray for peace that land, too (read this post for latest.. very concerning http://franksukraine.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/russian-invasion-by-jeff-franks.html).
Thanks so much every one for popping over for a peek and a chat, may God bless your day wherever you may be!  Shaz in Oz.x  
 Also want to join card over with:
1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used snippets on card.   http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/
2.Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au

36 comments:

Betsy said...

Aah spring! I would love for it to be springtime here again. I just put another blanket on the bed today. It's supposed to be 40F tonight. Bleh.i really don't like winter much at all. Enjoy,
Blessings,
Betsy

Bridget Larsen said...

Love that die and those foils, spring is here, cant wait to see more wonderful summer photos from you
Bridget #1

Nikki said...

Thanks a really pretty die you got there and. I'm sure you'll use it lots also those bushes look like waterfalls of flowers so beautiful hugs Nikki 8

jill said...

Spring for you & we're just going into Autumn here Shaz. Two of my favourite months in the garden. Happy woyww Jill #17

jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Belinda Basson said...

I love what you have done with the die confetti on the card. I might just try that. It is spring here too and the scent in the air makes you giddy! I love it! #17

Helen said...

what gorgeous cards, and such a beautiful shrub! Have a good week. Helen 6

Unknown said...

Imagine my surprise reading about Colleen here! I "met" her via swap-bot and we have been swapping things for about a year now! Truly like the oriental card. Fall here, came rather early this year. Diane #16

Neet said...

What gorgeous blues on that card SHaz, so very striking.

Thanks for showing the bush in your garden, looks quite spectacular and I a hopping off to Friday's post now to see the birds yu mention.

Thanks for visiting me already, I have just got up so am a bit bleary eyed but waking slowly.

Hugs, Neet 35 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Goodness but I love the bright blue diamonds in the first pic - my favourite colour ever!! It makes for a great card. Love the pics of an Australian Spring too!
HUgs, LLJ 30 xx

glitterandglue said...

What a lot to look at today, Shaz. Beautiful cards - as always - you have a lovely gift there. What amazing plants - here am I thinking "Autumn garden clear up" and here's you with Spring coming into full bloom. God's pretty clever, isn't He?
Thanks for visiting. Thanks for your lovely comments. I really enjoyed making those cards - they turned out so much better than I at first imagined, 'cos it was the first time I had tried inking up an embossing folder. But they worked!
Take care, and sorry we won't see you at the show tomorrow...
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

sandra de said...

Gorgeous flowering bush and don't we love spring in OZ. It can be so easy to buy things online and get quite a surprise at how expensive the postage is calculated. Have a lovely week.
sandra de @26

Annie said...

Gorgeous makes as always and how lovely to share your Spring when we are fast approaching Autumn here.
Hugs,
Annie x # 31

Chrysalis said...

Morning, Shaz - welcome to Spring from across the globe where we're moving into Autumn. Some beautiful weather here at the mo, though. I love the effect on those cards and will come back for a closer look when I've visited the other desks. Have a great week. God bless, Chris # 34 x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, thanks for stopping by at mine. The oriental card is gorgeous, all the elements just work so well together.
It still feels weird when you talk about spring as we go into autumn here, yet you feel so close lol!
Hope you have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 44

Hazel said...

Beautiful alcohol ink effects there, Shaz. Look forward to seeing your guest cards for Butterfly Spot tomorrow. Thanks for sharing your workspace today. Hope you have a great day and a lovely crafting week to come. Hazel, WOYWW #45 x

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

G'day there Shaz. Just dropping by for WOYWW. I haven't played for a few months but remembered today. Lovely alcohol ink effect there Shaz and the whole card looks lovely. Beautiful spring garden flowers there
hugs
Annette In Oz #46

Di said...

Absolutely fabulous Shaz! I really need to play more with alcohol inks - your results are beautiful.

Hugs, Di xx

Anonymous said...

I like the OSA card with the blue papers, I might have to do that layout challenge! Lindsay #65

Mrs.D said...

Oh I'd love to meet up with you Shaz, but even if you left now, I'm not sure you would make it in time.
Love those blue squares, the colours are absolutely stunning.
Thanks for sharing about Ukraine will continue to pray for them.
Chris

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards! I always envy you for your springtime because here autumn starts, which means winter is coming.... Brrrrr...
Cheers
Gabriele 33

Carole said...

Lovely blues...I'm afraid of using inks...afraid of spills and messy fingers but I love your results. Be well ~ Carole #71

Andrea said...

stunning cards shaz I love that quatrefoil die looks fabulous great choice of papers used and a good deal what more can we ask for.The diamond card is stunning but then blue is my favourite colour.well done re guest designer spot off to have a closer look at your butterfly card next thanks for sharing your wonderful world with us yet again what stunning plants and pretty white flowers.. I do love spring think ive got to get through autumn and winter here first lol .thanks for your earlier visit and I hope you have great week... enjoy. crafty hugs Andrea #18 x

Anne said...

Hello there. Lovely makes and photos of the bushes. Spring is a long way off for us :-( never mind though as I do quite enjoy Autumn and there are some lovely things to look forward to. Happy WOYWW Anne x #32

sandysewin said...

Your garden and your cards are lovely. That new die looks to be very versatile.

Enjoy your spring time! We're heading into fall. Not looking forward to the cold.

Happy creating and happy woyww,

Sandy #23

Sharon Madson said...

Gorgeous cards! And oh my goodness! What an enabler you are! I hadn't seen this die before! And thanks for the link to the pintrest board! Ok, now I want it, thank you very much! LOL #79

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh Spring...look at your great big dresses! how beautiful! Thanks for sharing that Shaz. Oh the cards are lovely too, can totally see why the quatrefoil was on your wish list, it's marvellous, love the cuts you've put on the card. I also love the panda, what a sweet image!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I like the pattern of your new die, and can see all kinds of possibilities too. I also love your sock monkeys and your gorgeous garden. Happy WOYWW and Blessings to you too.
http://arnoldolromero.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-letter-i.html

Robyn said...

Love your cards and your sock critters.
I may never buy another die, since I got my digital cutter!
Ha! Never say never!
thanks for visiting and the snoop around.
Robyn 22

Shelly Schmidt said...

I have to say- your desk looks like mine....I cannot keep mine picked up! And when I do pick it up, it quickly looks like this again..... I love the technique and stamps on your oriental card- so pretty! The monkeys are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Liking the die, and lots of inspiration on the Pinterest board. SUCH a blessing and a curse, Pinterest LOL! I do love me a sock monkey, and I know I have a big one of these (now what was that defunct channel that had him as the mascot?? I think he had a tee shirt that said Sidekick on it ... ) and one of the little ones that came with m'tea bags sometime or another. I would feel right at home at your desk.

Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (2)

fairy thoughts said...

Hi Shaz
Love the mosaic effect on the cRds.
Not such a messy desk really lol
Janet @ 9

Ginny Maxam said...

Wow your Quarda foil cards came out beautiful!! And the OSA Challenge card too! That is on my agenda a little later today!! Your photography is stunning!
Thank you for sharing!!
Ginny

Kyla said...

Nice cards, especially the oriental one.
Thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla #8

Lisca said...

That quatrefoil die is beautiful! I love what you're doing with that!
I find it encouraging but also dangerous to look on other people's desk because i see nice things and I see your die and i want one too!(slap wrist!)Luckily you have also got a lovely Bible verse on your page, which today is about the wisdom and knowledge of God. It's better to covet wisdom and knowledge of God....
Lisca#40

Eliza said...

Love that die and the alcohol inks look really good, you have created some excellent cards. Beautiful gardens too, spring certainly has sprung, just wish it would do more in the south.

Happy WOYWW
Hugs Eliza & Yoda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...